Drip...drip...drip..... It's a peaceful sound in the shop as we focus on hand dying and printing for some of our special theater and museum clients this month. Some people don't seem to realize Nash does our shop PDM (Product Development Management) and PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) so clients can focus on growing their brand instead of worrying about small details you can drown in. Let me tell you operations management does a lot of behind the scenes magic that doesn't get a lot of facetime recognition. It's called chief cook and bottle washer for a reason. It is also a reason I think so many of our new designers are successful and make it to launch products. We talk about the patternmaker who creates the recipe, the designer who dreams the idea, or the stitcher that sews it together. That is in reality only 15-20% of the total view of work that has to be done in a product development shop or factory to send a finished product out the door. Getting in the ring requires a lot of support. The other 80% effort includes a host of small jobs that fall under the title operations management such as sourcing, cutting, dying, marking, bundling, inventory spreadsheets, product packaging design, shipping, invoicing, fixing the sewing machines, buying and repairing shop equipment, billing, marketing, sales meetings, and many more.
So today I thought I would take a moment to recognize his hard work. Guys look at this really cool dye job he's doing for a friend's Buckey costume in Atlanta for Chef and Steel. Or this unique handpainted packaging for an upcoming museum opening exhibit in Winston-Salem he designed this week. It's fun to watch Nash work because he gets the job done. And that can be a rare quality in today's society. So need a job done? Or want to recognize his hard work on a project he's done for you. Give him a call at (919)279-3851. Have a great weekend all.